Tony Moenich is a former USMC scout sniper and is now the host of Thanks For Coming Out, a podcast talking about military experiences, healing, and life. In this episode of the podcast, Tony talks about his life as a Marine and receiving ayahuasca in the Amazon jungle of Peru.
- Former USMC scout sniper
- Host of Thanks For Coming Out podcast
- Experienced ayahuasca and other plant medicine
- Who is Tony Moenich?
- Psychedelic knowledge before becoming a Marine
- Psychedelic culture in the military
- Intention joining the Marine Corp
- When did Tony become interested in eastern philosophy and meditation?
- Deployment to Iraq
- Mindset in Fallujah
- How Tony grounds himself in times of war
- Feeling of zen in battle
- Listening to your instincts
- Does psychedelics affect the reptilian instincts?
- Pacifism and psychedelics
- Being your true self with psychedelics
- Subjective reality and subjective experience
- Coming home from war in Iraq
- Emotional shifts
- Downing effects of medication
- Going to Peru for ayahuasca
- How did Tony's family react to post-ayahuasca Tony?
- Traumatic experience of war reoccurring in ayahuasca ceremonies
- Letting go
- Back in a toxic environment
- Existential paralysis
- Can psychedelics turn you into a tree hugger?
- Latching on to an identity
continued in Plus+ Extension
Want to support the psychedelic movement? Want to continue the ongoing discussion of psychedelics? Support us on Patreon! We need all the support to keep the podcast strong and releasing amazing content. A small fee of $5 can fund the podcast for 1 year. We are extremely proud to be corporate sponsor free to keep the claws of capitalistic influence out of our psychedelic message. Please go to Patreon.com/PsychedelicMilk to check it out. We need your help!