Having worked in the corporate world as an entrepreneur for 13 years Matt brings a business background to VET. After nearly 2 years of extensive world travels in Europe and Central and South America Matt has found a home with working with our nation’s warriors that suffer from PTSD. For nearly 3 years Matt has been working with the plant medicine ayahuasca as part of his own personal healing journey addressing childhood trauma and has witness many shifts in well being with these misunderstood plant medicines. Humbly he has accepted the challenge and responsibility of fundraising and sharing VET’s message with the world. Matt loves to his yoga, cacao and time in nature. Currently he resides in Chicago, IL but insists that part of his heart is still in his beloved Costa Rica. VET is happy to have Matthew aboard, he brings a fire and spirit to our organization and walks the talk! Semper Fi Matt!
- Matt Simpson's role in VET
- The history of PTSD in the United States
- TRIBE by Sebastian Junger
- Pharmaceutical drugs and its effects
- MDMA and veterans
- Head trauma
- Did Matt serve in the military?
- The communal aspect of humans expressed in war
- Suicide intervention
- Hippie culture
- SSRI and ayahuasca
- Soul Quest Ayahuasca Church
- Success stories from VET
- Ryan LeCompte
- Lisa Ling "Jungle Fix"
- Creating healthy habits
- VET's post integration support process
- A non-dogmatic approach
- Matt's personal connection to veterans
- Negative backlash against veterans
- How can veterans work with VET?
- VET's future plans
- VET's biggest challenges
- Intellectual tug-of-war
- Matt's meditation practice
- Ayahuasca and meditation
Continued in our PLUS+ Extension:
- Ed's persoanal take on the nightmares of PTSD and ayahuasca's potential for healing
Want to support the psychedelic movement? Want to continue the ongoing discussion of psychedelics? Support us on Patreon! We need all the support to keep the podcast strong and releasing amazing content. A small fee of $5 can fund the podcast for 1 year. We are extremely proud to be corporate sponsor free to keep the claws of capitalistic influence out of our psychedelic message. Please go to Patreon.com/PsychedelicMilk to check it out. We need your help!