David Jay Brown is the author of The New Science of Psychedelics: At the Nexus of Culture, Consciousness, and Spirituality. He is also the author of 8 other books about the future of science and consciousness, including four bestselling volumes of interviews with leading-edge thinkers, Mavericks of the Mind, Voices from the Edge, Conversations on the Edge of the Apocalypse, and Mavericks of Medicine. Brown holds a master's degree in psychobiology from New York University, worked as a neuroscience researcher in learning and memory at the University of Southern California, and was responsible for the California-based research in two of British biologist Rupert Sheldrake's books on unexplained phenomena in science: Dogs That Know When Their Owners Are Coming Home and The Sense of Being Stared At. His work has appeared in numerous magazines, including Scientific American, Discover, and Wired, and he is periodically the Guest Editor of the MAPS (Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies) Bulletin. David is also the author of two science fiction novels, Brainchild and Virus.
- Master's degree in psychobiology from NYU
- Neuroscience researcher of USC
- Psychonaut & consciousness explorer
- Psychedelic connection with alien abductions
- What exactly is lucid dreaming?
- Meeting the "beings" in higher states of consciousness
- Asking questions to the lucid dream itself
- Lucid dreaming's similarities to an ayahuasca experience
- Overlapping entities in ayahuasca and lucid dreaming
- Weirdness of the trans-dimensional beings in DMT realms
- Incredible details inside a lucid dream
- Techniques to waking up in a lucid dream
- What is the best "reality check"?
- Is David lucid dreaming every night?
- Supplements to enhance lucid dreaming?
- Calea Zacatechichi
- Entada rheedii
- Velvet bean
- Having nightmares
- Playing doctor in the dream realm to positively affect the physical body in waking reality
- The placebo effect
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Seeking the flow state
- David's process to invoke flow state
- Technology to induce lucid dreams
- Finding other people in the dream state
- The ultimate virtual reality
- Smoking DMT in a lucid dream
- Trying LSD in a dream without prior LSD experiences
- Questions from Patreon!
Episode Commentary & Discussion
Sponsors & Affiliates
Want to support the psychedelic movement? Want to continue the ongoing discussion of psychedelics? Support us on Patreon! We need all the support to keep the podcast strong and releasing amazing content. A small fee of $5 can fund the podcast for 1 year. We are extremely proud to be corporate sponsor free to keep the claws of capitalistic influence out of our psychedelic message. Please go to Patreon.com/PsychedelicMilk to check it out. We need your help!