Dennis McKenna is an enthnopharamacologist, research pharamacologist, author, lecturer, and the brother of the late great Terence McKenna. Dennis joins the Psychedelic Milk podcast to talk about his psychedelic experiences, the nature of reality, and what he learned from his various psychedelic experiences.
- Author of "Brotherhood of the Screaming Abyss: My Life with Terence McKenna"
- American ethnopharmacologist, research pharmacologist
- Psychonaut (DMT, ayahuasca, psilocybin, and more)
- How Dennis and Terence first became interested in psychedelics and mysticism
- Smoking DMT
- Going to the Amazon in South America
- Brotherhood of the Screaming Abyss
- Taking excessive amounts of psilocybin
- Fear and trust in a psychedelic journey
- Set and setting
- Psychology & Alchemy by Carl Jung
- Neural chemistry or another dimension?
- "I think, therefore I am" - René Descartes
- Integration after taking psychedelics
- Major lessons learned from taking psychedelics
- Modern science and it's arrogance
- Dennis' current psychedelic practice
Sponsors & Affiliates
This podcast episode is brought to you by Audible.com. Download any audiobook, FREE, when you try audible for 30 days. Cancel anytime and the books are yours to keep (even during trial period!). Go to audibletrial.com/psychedelicmilk to download your free audiobook!
Bombas is home to the most comfortable socks in the world. Every pair of Bombas socks are purpose built for athletic performance and engineered for extreme comfort. Go to GetBombas.com/Milk to receive 20% off your first order! For every pair of sock purchased, Bombas donates a pair to the community in need, there are already over 900,000 socks donated. GET YOUR BOMBAS SOCKS!
Shop on Amazon using the Psychedelic Milk Amazon Portal. Amazon will give us a small percentage and it won't cost you anything extra. Bookmark the link so you can support the podcast every time you shop Amazon. This is a great way you can support the podcast.